Rachel and Jason educate Anna about "discovery layers," while the two of them wrestle with the idea of how, when, where, and why discovery layers fit in an instruction session.
Note: Please excuse the excessive noise around the 23 minute mark; Anna's 4-year-old felt the need to snuggle with her while recording.
- GSU’s “Discover” (EBSCO Discovery Service)
- American University's SearchBox
- Discovery Layer Interfaces via Library Technology Guides
- Grotti, M. G. & Sobel, K. (2012). WorldCat Local and Information Literacy Instruction: An Exploration of Emerging Teaching Practice. Public Services Quarterly, 8(1), 12-25. doi:10.1080/15228959.2011.563140
- Update: Anna came to learn (post-recording) that HER [public] library actually has a discovery layer via SirsiDynix's Enterprise. Who knew?